Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weather Watching

I'm afraid I've become the stereotypical bore who talks about the weather all the time. It didn't happen overnight. For years my morning routine has included watching the weather channel before heading outside.

This winter has pushed me over the edge. It got too cold too soon in early December. Then the snow came--a major storm after Christmas was just the beginning.

The ground is mostly clear of snow now but small patches appear here and there. And large snow mounds are still piled in the corners of yards and parking lots.

In five short days--spring will arrive. That doesn't necessarily mean that we are done with cold and snow, but I'll take even a symbolic end to this relentless winter. Last Friday on our afternoon walk, Spike sat down on the grass to check things out--my personal harbinger of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment