Sunday, October 21, 2012

Once Upon A Halloween Eve--The Party

Our friends, Jenn and John, have a Halloween party every year with a special theme. Last night the theme was Once Upon A Halloween Eve. They started a blog and invited guests to add to the story. Jeff and I wrote posts to put our characters into the story.

Jenn and John always go all out on the decorations--inside and outside. The living room was an enchanted forest, including the golden tree that I wrote about.

I actually tried to go as the golden tree. I brought garlands of autumn leaves, an eye mask, a head band, a Sharpie brown paint pen, a piece of brown felt, pieces of brown foam rubber, gold tablecloths and brown and red cream makeup. I didn't have a clear concept (oh I sound like the judges on Face Off) and I had trouble executing the ideas I did have. I felt that I looked stupid but most people were complimentary. There was one woman who called me a pile of leaves. Whatever. It was a good party.

No comments:

Post a Comment