Friday, January 25, 2019

Musings from a Meandering Mind

I'm telling myself I need to post tonight; it's been too long. I've been doing some journaling, but it's more of making a to-do list and time tracking.

I realized the other day that I didn't want to write about my mother's death. I don't have to blog about it--that's OK. Unfortunately I do have to write an obituary. It's already been two weeks. I have a folder with some materials I can use. I also have some photos for whatever memorial service or reception we have. I selected a date at least.

I'm also putting information together for the attorney (names and addresses, accounts and balances.) We have an appointment on Monday morning.

I'm just about halfway through an SAT course. It's my first SAT course in a year-and-a-half. Plus it's the first with the new manual and the first with the 18 hour syllabus. I've been doing extra prep and watching instructional videos.

For this class, I'm back at the building of my first class. It's not the best location. I had wanted the Westport office but someone else got that location. Oh well. It's only another six weeks.

I also started two tutorials this week and have another two students about to start. Nice to see some more tutoring with the last three students in Westport--short commute.

I've decided that I have too many things on display: photographs, cinnabar plates and vases. I also have a few things from my mother. I've started to rearrange things, place new things out, and pack up other things.

I've finished my third book Game Change by John Heileman and Mark Halperin. It took me a while to get into it. I was somewhat bored with the beginnings of the 2008 Obama and Clinton campaigns.

I think the authors couldn't stand Hillary Clinton. At one point, she is "bug-eyed." Edwards appears to be a delusional lightweight. McCain seems out of his depth especially on the financial crisis. Then, there's his Palin decision. Only Obama comes off very well. Rebecca Traister's Big Girls Don't Cry was much better on the same election.

On to a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment