Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Books Read in 2023

1.    Social Crimes by Jane Stanton Hitchcock

2.    Your Corner Dark by Desmond Hall

3.    Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

4.    The Tudors in Love by Sarah Grirstwood

5.    All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field

6.    The Cabinet of Dr. Leng by Preston & Child

7.    Caught in the Revolution by Helen Rappaport

8.    An Imperfect Spy by Amanda Cross

9.    The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir

10.    Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

11.    In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez

12.    An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

13.    Booth by David Robertson

14.    Votes for Women American Suffragists and the Battle for the Ballot by Winifred Conkling

15.    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

16.    Catherine of Aragon The True Queen by Alison Weir

17.    The Last Tsar The Live and Times of Nicholas II by Edward Radzinsky

18.    Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

19.    Round Up the Usual Suspects the Making of Casablanca--Bogart, Bergman, and World War II by Aljean Harmetz

20.    The Accidental Suffragist by Galia Gichon

21.    South The Story of Shackleton's Last Expedition 1914-1917 by Sir Ernest Shackleton Edited by Ernest King

22.     bird by bird Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott

23.    One for the Money by Stephanie Plum 

24.    Manhattan Noir Edited by Lawrence Block

25.    Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

26.    Dead Mountain by Preston & Child

27.    The Sisters The Saga of the Mitford Family by Mary S. Lovell

28.    The Sisters of Henry VIII by Maria Perry

29.    The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde

My goal was to read 40 books this year. Obviously, I fell way short. I've been thinking about why I failed. There wasn't just one reason. I read a lot of things online rather than books. Some books took me a long time to finish. There were times I just wasn't thrilled with my options. I wish I could have at least made it to 30.

My favorite book, by far, was Kindred. I also loved The Cabinet of Dr. Leng, bird by bird, and Dead Mountain. Honorable Mention: Killers of the Flower Moon and Round Up the Usual Suspects the Making of Casablanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment