Monday, June 3, 2024

Browsing the Book Sales

I've always loved browsing in bookstores and libraries. A recent variation is browsing at library book sales. I've been to two spring sales recently. 

I made it to the last day of the Wilton Library sale, when a bag of books went for $5. I did surprisingly well, getting five books. 

1. A Light in the Storm The Civil War Diary of Amelia Martin.by Karen Hesse. Okay, I knew this was a child's diary based on the cover illustration. I thought it was a real--not fictional--diary. Oh well, I'll read it anyway.

2. Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog. 

3. Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir.

4. The Autobiography of Henry VIII With Notes by his fool, Will Somers by Margaret George

5. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon.

6. The Curse of Oak Island The Story of the World's Longest Treasure Hunt by Randall Sullivan. I picked this up for my brother who watches the TV show. 

My latest book sale was at the Westport Library. Here are my purchases.

1. The Shipping News by E.Annie Proulx.

2. Narrrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass An American Slave Written by Himself

3. The Plot Against America by Philip Roth.

I've been joking that I can't go to any more book sales because I have so many books to read: A nice problem to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment