Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thoughts on the Regular Season--Mets Edition

I'm watching the playoffs. I love baseball and hope to see some great games. I don't have a particular team I'm rooting for--I'm okay with the Brewers or Phillies in the National League. I'll root for anyone but the Yankees in the American League.

Back to the subject of this post with an understatement: the Mets gave us little to cheer about this year.

The little: I got back to Citi Field and saw a good game. I enjoyed games with scrappy play and clutch hits (and tried to forget the others.) Jose Reyes became the first Met to win a batting title. (His exit from Game 162 immediately after his first at-bat was strange, but nothing that bothered me very much.)

In the eternal spirit of wait till next year, let's do some rose-colored speculation for the 2012 season.

I believe (hope) that Reyes will stay in New York.
I like Terry Collins--he seems like a good match for the team. 
I'm hopeful about next season's contributions from Tejada, Turner, Duda, Gee and Dickey.
The Madoff mess may not be as bad as feared.

Let's go 2012 Mets!

No comments:

Post a Comment