Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Game of Thrones--Thoughts on Season Two

Okay, so I love the TV series, Game of Thrones. I've watched the first season episodes at least five times. I was psyched for the second season.

That doesn't mean that I don't have problems with the show. This clip via Shakesville from Saturday Night Live sums it up: http://www.shakesville.com/2012/04/game-of-thrones-explained.html.

I admit that I don't particularly like  to watch sex scenes--I'd rather read them--but I don't object to them in general. Game of Thrones is rife with unnecessary sex scenes and boob shots. I wish I could remember who said this so I could credit him/her--there was so much exposition in the dungeon scene with Ned and Varys--that the writer expected to see a couple copulating in the dungeon corner.

I think HBO does its viewers a disservice. We get that you can show more nudity than network TV. We've heard your slogan--it's not TV, it's HBO. We can watch a complicated show without a barrage of boobs to entice us. It seems that  you don't think too much of us. You changed a few character's names. Come on--how could we confuse King Robert Bartheon with the spoiled, still-nursing young boy, Robert Arryn? Also, the Wildling Osha at Winterfell is easily distinguished from the Iron Islander, Ahsa Greyjoy.

Don't see us short; we don't need all the boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment