Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Most Happy Age?

A recent UK study finds that people are their happiest at age 33. Was it a coincidence that I got married when I was 33? I don't believe the stereotypes that women need to be married and that all women spend their lives planning their weddings. But my marriage is a good one. I think that waiting until 33 is a big part of that. For the record, I also got a promotion when I was 33.  And in getting married, I got an extra week's vacation at my job. All in all, 33 was a good age for me.

I used to think that 29 would be the perfect age and ideally I would stop aging then. I thought by then I would be worldly and sophisticated and know what was going on.

As I got older, I adjusted my perfect age to 39, like the perfect age of both my father and Jack Benny.

But I guess there is no perfect age.  I still wait for the time that I will be worldly and sophisticated and know what is going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment