Friday, December 6, 2013

Self Assessments

Earlier this week I had to complete a self-assessment as part of a performance review. This is a relatively new process at my current company--only the second year. It had been about 15 years since I went through the process.

Self-assessment can be tricky. You need to blow your own horn, but you have to be realistic. It helps if you can quantify your accomplishments. That's relatively easy to do in my current position.

Another component is identifying the areas you need to improve. That was also relatively easy for me to do. But I have the same weak area as last year. I'm not sure if I've made enough progress there.

The harder self assessment will be of my personal goals for the year. I'm running out of time. Maybe this article will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment