Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"That's a Cute Sweater...

the little dog has on."

That's what a man said to me this evening when I was outside with Spike.

It got me thinking--Spike hasn't objected to his Fido fleece the last couple of days. Later I asked Jeff; he said Spike didn't fight him but was like a dead weight when he put the fleece on him.

Last week we went to Cranbury Park and saw Hunter, a German short haired pointer who used to frequent Taylor Farm. We've seen him a few times in the last few months. He remembers us, which makes me feel good. Hunter was wearing a green coat. His human told us that he had purchased the coat for another dog who hated it. So had Hunter when he was younger.

Hunter is around 10 and Spike is 13. I wonder if they are more sensitive to the cold now. Maybe they realize how much we care about them. Maybe they just got tired of fighting us.

Whatever, it's nice to have a warm dog. Here's a picture of Spike in his Fido fleece from last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment