Monday, March 19, 2018

Books Three Through Five

Relic
Reliquary
Mount Dragon

All by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. My brother Jim lent me these books.

I started with the first novel Relic. One of the blurbs compared it to Alien and Jurassic Park. I read both novels and liked them, and had my brother's recommendation. OK, it's about a monster lurking under the Museum of Natural History. But it's so much more than that: biology, evolutionary theory, politics, and detective work with a strong set of characters. One Friday afternoon I read for two to three hours straight: I had to finish the book. Dinner and chores could wait. I haven't felt that driven to finish a book in a long time.

Reliquary--a sequel to Relic. I wanted to read this before Mount Dragon, to return to Margo, D'Agosta and Pendergast. I was intrigued by the world of underground New York.

Mount Dragon: What's really going on at a mysterious research facility deep in the New Mexico dessert? Another page-turner that had me intrigued until the end.

A re-read: I Capture the Castle. One night Jeff and I went to bed early. I wanted to read, but didn't want to start something new. I grabbed my old copy of I Capture the Castle; I skipped parts, but read most of it.

What next? I still have my Christmas book: Lincoln in the Bardo. I have two other books that were leant to me: The Elegance of the Hedgehog and The Blind Contessa's New Machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment