Monday, March 19, 2018

What's Cooking?

I mentioned in an earlier post that I made marinara sauce last week.

The next day I made chicken broth. I had bought two rotisserie chickens on Monday with a plan to make chicken orzo soup. After I made the broth, I had the idea to try something different--I found this recipe.I changed it a little--we don't have zucchini--plus Jeff hates it. I used about three cups of  broth (not the five cups the recipe called for) but full amount of farro, lentils and spinach/kale blend. It was a success; I'll definitely make it again. Next time, if I continue to use petite lentils, I'll add them to the broth later. The lentils had completely dissolved.

Saturday, St Patrick's Day, we had Guinness Beef Stew. Jeff and I chopped all the vegetables and steak, and I cooked it a little later. Again, I made a few adjustments to the recipe, but it still worked.

We finished the soup, but have extra broth, sauce and stew for this week's meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment