Saturday, June 16, 2018

Anatomy of a Good Day

The first thing I noticed when I woke up yesterday was that my hair smelled good. That reminded me that it was cut, colored and washed the night before. So I knew I'd look better than I had the day before. I let myself have a slow morning--writing in my journal, catching up on Jeopardy, working on a blog post (still unfinished)--without feeling guilty.

I took Lola for a neighborhood walk, had a good workout at the gym, and got all my errands done except for getting the car washed. Back home for lunch (leftover Indian from Thursday night.) I took Lola for a second walk, and got Jeff's father's day gifts together (buying a few gifts was part of my errands.)

We got to the dogpark around 5:45: a nice night with wine and snacks with friends. Lola is relishing her time off-leash, but ends up spending most of her time with us at the picnic table.

For dinner I made salad and Jeff cooked scallops.That was a relief--Jeff cooks scallops much better than I do.

A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment