Saturday, July 21, 2018

Another Saturday Night...

doing the laundry. Two weeks in a row. Is this what my life has become?

Two-and-a-half weeks since my last post. A tough two-and-a-half weeks for me.

My car died. OK, that's not technically true. A malfunction light came on. I drove the car like that for a week. Then I found out it was a sensor light that I couldn't ignore. Eventually, the car would just die and I could be stranded somewhere. It would cost me $550 to fix. I just couldn't justify putting more money into the car. What would/could happen next? I ended up selling the car for $200. For the first time in at least 21 years, I am carless.

There was a lot of scrambling. Since Jeff works in NYC, I drove him to and from the railroad station and used his car. We test drove a car that we plan to purchase, but will borrow for a few weeks until Jeff's project ends on August 3rd.

This week brought new troubles. My mother fell on Sunday night, was sent to the hospital but released after a few hours. I spent Monday afternoon with her, then returned the next day to take her to the doctor's and the accountant's to finally get her taxes done.

Tuesday evening I got a call that she had fallen again. This time, she broke her hip. I've been spending much time this week at Norwalk Hospital. My mother was discharged yesterday to the health center at Meadow Ridge.

Saturday night ended up being the best time to do laundry. At least one thing is done.

I wonder what can happen next?.

No comments:

Post a Comment