Friday, July 27, 2018

Black Cloud

Three years ago, I wrote about a black cloud. I felt that not only was it hovering over me, but it was also stalking me. It was a dark time. Nine days later, we put Spike to sleep. Unfortunately, I feel that black cloud is hovering again.

Here's a list of what I'm dealing with: my mother's broken hip and subsequent care, power of attorney for my mother, my car or lack thereof (I sold it and cancelled registration--now I need a replacement) aftermath of Lola being lost for an hour at Taylor Farm--she's grounded--tethered--for life.

What else? Well, I've certainly let the condo go: papers and books piled everywhere and dust. I've got both a major and a minor work project. The information I need to complete the small project isn't available yet. I can't even get control over one little thing.

As I sit here writing, I'm thinking about all the things I should be doing instead. I was up early to take Jeff to the railroad station. Then Lola and I spent an hour at Taylor Farm. She didn't seem to mind being on the leash. There were some good scents apparently. I wasn't as happy since I was a mosquito buffet.

Now I've got to get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment