Wednesday, December 7, 2022

'Tis the Season

Last Tuesday I heard my first Christmas song on the radio: it was Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. Last Wednesday I heard my first Christmas carol in a store. Last Friday, I saw my first Christmas tree tied to the roof of a car. The Christmas season is in full swing.

I enjoy checking out all the Christmas decorations as I walk with Jace. Inflatable decorations seem to be getting more popular. I don't care for them--I think they're kind of tacky--especially when manger scenes are placed next to Santa or reindeer or Mickey Mouse. On Magnolia Street, several houses have types of "light shows" with revolving snowflakes or dots. One has a strobe light effect. 

Many people seem to think that more is more with holiday lights. One house has every surface of trees and bushes draped in strings of lights. Another has a rainbow of colored lights. This is one of a few areas where I agree with my mother--simple white lights look the best. 

Last Friday I brought all our decorations up from our storage bin. I've been purging over the past few years. Currently, I have a special ornament box, about four or five rolls of wrapping paper, and one plastic storage box, and two small artificial trees (only brought one up.) Then I emptied the box to see what we have and think about where to place things.

Onto cleaning and decorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment