Sunday, June 18, 2023

A Sunday Brunch

I've always loved brunch--it connotes sophistication and leisure. That's true even if you have a stay-at-home brunch.

As Jacques--Marge's potential paramour on The Simpsons--once said:

It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of cantaloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal.

Jeff and I had a tradition of at-home Sunday brunches. During the years I was teaching and tutoring, our Sunday brunches were rare. Now that I'm retired, we've gotten back in the Sunday brunch habit. 

We usually have scrambled eggs with cheese and veggies, toast, and fruit. Sometimes we have bacon, rarely steak or lobster. Pancakes are another option. 

Avocado toast is a new selection. I first made it a few weeks ago when the egg carton slipped out of my hand dumping five eggs on the kitchen floor. Ugh, what a mess. 

Saturday night I used an egg to make the breadcrumb coating for chicken parmesan and only had three eggs left. I scrambled the eggs and made bacon, cut some fruit, and added avocado toast. Non-alcoholic sparking wine completed a delicious meal (even without the slice of cantaloupe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment