Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Clothes Shopping and a Wardrobe Update

I can't pinpoint when shopping stopped being a fun activity and became a frustrating chore. It had something to do with me gaining weight and the inconsistency in women's clothes sizing. 

A few months ago, I realized I needed new clothes. I lost about 15 pounds over the past year. It beats having to buy new clothes because I gained 15 pounds. 

First I tried on all my jeans, shorts, and blouses and packed up the clothes that no longer fit for Goodwill. I bought two new pairs of jeans back in February. I picked up my shopping pace in the last month or so. I got another pair of jeans, three pairs of shorts, a skort, a pair of cropped pants, a pair of cargo pants, a tank top, and a sleeveless henley blouse. Finally, I got two more sports bras (nothing to do with losing weight--I just had very old sports bras.)

I could use some new sandals, but that's nothing pressing. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm also without a bathing suit, but I haven't gone swimming in years, so I'm not worried about that. 

I'm proud that I only paid full price for the cargo pants. All other items were on sale or eligible for promotions. Give me some points for being frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment