Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday Miscellanea

I'm beat. It feels like it's been a long day (though it's still early.) I woke up around 4:15. I know I slept after that--I remember snippets of dreams--but I'm not sure how long. 

I had a good workout at the gym. I also researched some auto and home insurance pricing. Those were my main to-dos for today, along with this post. I wanted to post because it's been eight days, not because I have anything particularly insightful to write.

Jeff sold his car last week to a cousin of a neighbor. We had a slight snag because he had let the registration lapse. It took us three tries over two days to renew online. If the online system didn't work, we wouldn't have been able to get an in-person appointment until the end of the month. 

I spent a good chunk of Saturday going through all the stuff I got out of his car and consolidating his things with what I had in my car. We had more towels and blankets than we realized. I ended up reorganizing the linen closet and packing up things for Goodwill. 

For several weeks, our temperatures have richoceted from unseasonably warm (90 degrees in September and 80 degrees last week) to unseasonably cold. It's strange to see the beginning of fall foliage and Halloween decorations when it's 80 degrees. At least it feels like fall now, even though it's late October temperatures for now. It's also rained the first three Saturdays of fall, with more rain predicted for this Saturday. Ugh.

It's taken me a long time to recover from my bout with the flu. I don't know if I had a bad case or if I'm just old.

We're watching the baseball playoffs. Things aren't going as expected, but that's what makes baseball fun. I do hope the Orioles turn it around though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment