Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finding Good Lines in Unexpected Places Part Two

Last week we watched the movie, "The Manster Half Man and Half Monster"  (1959.) I only heard of this movie from the book, The Golden Turkey Awards. It was nominated for The Worst Two-Headed Transplant Movie Ever Made but lost to the classic, "The Thing with Two Heads" starring Academy Award winning actor, Ray Milland.

Now I love good bad movies, such as "Plan 9 from Outer Space" so I had to record this film from TCM. Surprisingly I found some good things in this film.

First, the lead actor Peter Dyneley as Larry Stanford was charming and effective. I believed his brash reporter was ready to leave his globetrotting ways and go home to his wife.

The second thing I liked--the title to this post refers to a line by Larry when his wife Linda suggests that he might be ready to settle down (and after his transformation into the manster has started) "Settle down, like mud in a pool."

I loved that line. Like my first post with this title--it was definitely unexpected http://lynnecoll.blogspot.com/2010/07/finding-good-lines-in-unusual-places.html.

To post his complete speech:

"Settle down, that's a good way to put it. Settle down, like mud in a pool.
Bridge on Wednesday, cocktails on Thursday, PTA on Fridays."

No comments:

Post a Comment