Saturday, July 2, 2011

What I've Been Reading

The Lady in the Tower The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345453212/aliwei-20

It took me a long time to finish this book. That's not criticism of the content or the style. Despite the book's narrow focus--Anne's last days--it goes into great detail with much of her work based on original sources. It also serves as a kind of review of literature and research about Anne. Alison credits some theories and disagrees with others. I found myself often flipping to the notes section which I rarely do.

Alison has written several historical biographies including Henry VIII: The King and His Court. I enjoyed her historical novel, Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey.

I'm sure I'll read her new novel about Mary Boleyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment