Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back to (Kitchen and Bathroom) Business

For the past five weeks I've been obsessed with home renovations. We started with the kitchen cabinets, then the countertops and backsplash, followed by the floor. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I should have removed the wallpaper first. The wallpaper is proving recalcitrant and I am growing more and more frustrated. Wallpaper removal is delaying painting.

But at least the kitchen is usable. It took a long time to get there because the old contact paper was hard to remove. Plus I rethought all my dishes, glassware, etc. before deciding what to keep in the kitchen and what to donate to the Treasure House Thrift Store. I had no idea how many items were in those cabinets until I had to take them all out of the kitchen.

We're getting there. Painting is next, then carpeting in the bedrooms, hardwood floors in the living and dining areas. The last thing is window treatments.

Can we do this by Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment