Sunday, November 27, 2011

Renovation Ravings

I am exhausted. Jeff and I finished emptying out both bedrooms tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll strip the bed linens, move the clothes we need for the next two days and move the few remaining items that we'll need such as the clock radio. The carpet installers will move the large pieces.

We are entering our ninth week of work. I've learned a few lessons that I may never have the opportunity to apply. For one thing, I should have started and given up on the wallpaper removal long before I did. We might be done by now if I had done so.

I should have made sure I had all the options before I decided on a change in the bathroom design. While we needed to make some change (the installers could not get the Corian wall piece into the bathroom) I let my fear of being without a shower make me make too quick a decision. We are still trying to make that decision right.

Someone recently asked me if we saw the light at the end of the tunnel. If I look at the steps in the process, we can see the light. The kitchen and baths are done (except for window treatments which we looked at yesterday) and a few paint touch-ups. Painting is completed in both bedrooms and the carpeting will be installed tomorrow. Next is painting the living room and dining area and installing the hardwood floors. The last step is window treatments. Well maybe not the last step. Jeff is talking about replacing the couch and I'd like to replace the loveseat/sofa bed in the second bedroom. Plus I want to only put things back that we really want to keep. That's what I did in the kitchen and it took me about two weeks. Pack rat Jeff is resisting me on this, but maybe the hard work we did to empty all the things in the bedrooms will help.

Soon our place will look beautiful--I can't wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment