Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Blogiversary--Late Again

I thought I had started my first post on May 23rd and posted it on the 24th. Imagine my chagrin to realize my first post was officially posted on the 23rd so I am late in celebrating myself. Hopefully, I'll get it right next year. But how cool is it that my blogiversary is one day after my birthday?

It's weird to think that I am beginning my third year of blogging. It doesn't seem that long. Last year was a tough sophomore year--only 86 posts. I did 100 in just over half a year in 2010 and 73 so far this year.

Despite my lapses, I enjoy blogging. I don't have many readers and I've been hesitant to promote myself. First, I wanted to make sure I would continue to blog and not just abandon this site after a short time.  Then I heard people complain about the banality of others' facebook updates or being too busy to read "all those blogs." I probably erred on the side of reticence. After all, telling people, "By the way I have a blog" is not the same as demanding they read or comment. So I think I'll send an email out and see if anyone is interested in reading more.

But regardless of the few readers I may have, I'm happy to write here and share thoughts and ideas. I hope that someone appreciates them.




No comments:

Post a Comment