Monday, May 26, 2014

Posting Procrastination

It's been two weeks since my last post.  There's no one reason, and no good reason.

I read once that if you do something 21 days in a row, you can develop a new habit. It's much easier to fall into bad habits. Skip the gym for a days and you forget to schedule visits. Miss a few days of blogging, and suddenly two weeks have passed.

I saw, heard, read, experienced several things over the past few weeks that I wanted to write about, but didn't. I may still write about some of them. Some topics are gone, like the lilacs that bloomed a few weeks ago. I wish I had picked some. I also wish I had written about my feelings of hope when the Mets were four games over .500 at the end of April.

Both lilacs and a winning season are gone now. I'm out of luck with the lilacs--at least in this area. I read in the New York Times about a  Lilac Festival in June on Mackinac Island in Michigan. I won't be going there; I'll have to wait until next spring for lilacs. As for the Mets, it's still early. We'll just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment