Thursday, August 21, 2014

Attitude

Full disclosure: I'm a complainer. I can easily get frustrated or stressed by little things. I find it helps me to complain about them, especially if I can make them into a funny story.

Lately every time I run into one of my neighbors, she's complaining about something: the Mets, the landscaping of our condo, the weather. I can't argue with the first, the second is debatable, but the third--I'm loving the cool weather this August.

It's gotten to the point that I don't want to see her--specifically I don't want to hear what she's going to complain about next. It reminds me of a former co-worker who always saw the worst in every situation. At one point she admitted that she just didn't like people.

Now I'm wondering: is my complaining is having the same effect on others? If so, the burden is on Jeff.

I've found it helpful to complain in my journal. That has the added benefit of me realizing how petty most of my complaints are. I'll try to keep my complaints there.


No comments:

Post a Comment