Sunday, October 29, 2017

Two New Brews

I was driving home from a tutoring appointment last week and saw a sign for a brewery. I was psyched to see one nearby--Jeff and I enjoy sampling flights. We saw online that the grand opening was on Saturday. We decided to check it out. After all, we had a good time at the grand opening of Sedona Tap House.

When we reached Nod Hill, we saw a line outside. I usually don't wait in line, but the line didn't seem that long, it was a warm day, and we had driven for a half-hour to get there. A tent was set up outside with Hoodoo Brown BBQ  for sale. We ate a sandwich as we waited to enter the taproom.

Unfortunately, we had to wait another 20 minutes for a a beer. I wouldn't have gone inside if I knew how long the wait would be. As we waited, I said that we should have gone to Hell or High Water in Norwalk, a brewpub that seemed to take forever to open, but we hadn't visited yet. Jeff mentioned we could have visited The Redding Beer Co. I hadn't even heard of that--it just opened two weeks earlier.

Redding Beer Co. was on the way home so we went there. Apparently it was also packed on its opening day, but it was mellow last Saturday.

Two breweries, two good flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment