Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Happenings

After Jeff got home from work tonight, we stopped by Jenn and John's in our Halloween costumes. Most of their block was decorated, and the streets were filled with trick-or-treaters. It was awesome. It reminded me of a day that I thought was long gone: a day of trick-or-treating. OK, these trick-or-treaters went around their neighborhood with their parents; we were allowed to go by ourselves.

We spent about an hour with Jenn and John--had heaven and hell themed jello shots--their treats for the parents--handed out candy, and visited. It was fun and a big difference from our place--we haven't had trick-or-treaters in years.

On Saturday the 21st, we went to our second Haunting at Mill Hill. Like last year, we heard tales of six Norwalkers and their deaths. This year added a haunted maze. Fun.

Jenn and John had their annual Halloween party on the 14th. The theme was heaven and hell.  I wore a costume that I really liked: St. Roch the patron saint of dogs. I word a brown robe that Jeff had used for a previous costume. I bought a tonsure wig, a curtain tie as a rope, and Jeff bought me a large cross. I carried a stuffed beagle to complete my costume. Jeff went as Thor. We saw lots of angels and devils, another monk or two, even Jesus. The couple next door had the best costumes: stairway to heaven and the road to hell. Both consisted of sandwich boards (for lack of a better word.) One depicted a highway--wired with lights. The road to hell was decorated with small cars. Great from the couple who previously  used "poster boards "for devil dogs and angel food cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment