Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween



We saw this Halloween decoration of a dog stealing a skull on a neighborhood walk. I love it.

Four years ago my mother was in the hospital on Halloween; I visited her dressed as Carmen Miranda. She was in the hospital again today (released this afternoon,) I didn't think my criminally insane ax murderer costume was a good choice for visiting. I just visited as myself.

***

Jeff and I celebrated a double-header Halloween celebration a week-and-a-half ago.

First up: A Haunting at Mill Hill. This is our third haunting. We heard six tales of deaths of Norwalkers' deaths including deaths by explosions, a flu pandemic, and World War I. We wore our costumes to the Haunting because we were headed to a party directly afterward. We were the only costumed guests. One of the dead even complimented me on my outfit. After apple cider and snacks, we entered the haunted maze--not as scary as last year's but fun.

Next: our friends' party--this year's theme was House of Horror. My first idea was to carry a bloody ax. When I got the ax, an illustration showed a wide-eyed, wild-haired man in a prison jump suit. I had a yellow jump suit that I'd previously used as an UFO Inspector costume and a red and black "seductive temptress" wig that was more scary than tempting: some fake blood and I was done. Jeff wore grey makeup and a zombie scar with a hoodie: he looked scary.

As usual, a good party.

No comments:

Post a Comment