Monday, July 26, 2021

A Thunderstorm

We've had a lot of rain this month.  Lola doesn't do well with thunderstorms, like many dogs. One evening last week, we cuddled on the couch during a period of thunder and lightning.

Last night I was reading in bed and saw that Lola seemed agitated. She heard the thunder before we did. I lifted her onto the bed, she jumped off, went into her cubbyhole (a nice wooden crate with the door removed) came out again. After I turned off the light, I felt her nose on my arm, and placed her on the bed again. 

By then, it was raining harder, with thunder and lightning, and she was shaking. She snuggled close to me, and I pet her until she calmed down. 

It reminded me of the thunderstorm that happened a few days after she came here. We were glad that she sensed we would be there for her. 

We always will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment