Friday, July 9, 2021

What's Going On

I woke this morning to the sound of rain--the remnants of Hurricane Elsa. I suddenly realized the sound wasn't just from rainfall. We have a ceiling leak. This time, it's no fault of our upstairs neighbor. It's a leak from outside. Luckily, someone is already scheduled to fix a similar problem in one of the other condo buildings, so the outside should be repaired this week. 

Nine days since my last post; I had written 22 posts in June, so it's a bit of a surprise. We've been through two heat waves (official--three days long and unofficial--two days long.) Heat waves are good times to get household things done. When Jeff was doing in-home physical therapy, I had rolled up a rug and moved some furniture. I finally put (most) things back where they belong. I also re-hung pictures in the bathroom: I had to remove them when we had the bathroom repainted after the ceiling was repaired. 

On the Fourth, we had my brother over for lunch and went to a barbecue at a friend's house. The next day we went to Sedona Taphouse for its charity steak night. 

It's been three weeks since our last DPF. We missed a week because Lola was sick. It rained the last two weeks. Today doesn't look good, but we may be able to eek out an hour or so. Rain also made us miss out on Yappy Hours at MoCA. The first was rescheduled; yesterday's was allegedly held rain or shine, but we didn't go. Maybe August 1 will be the charm. 

I'm very disappointed with my writing--rather my lack of writing. I only wrote about 1200 words in my novel in about four weeks. My class restarts on Monday. I wish I had more to show. I've got to make some changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment