Friday, September 4, 2020

Frugal Friday Thoughts

I've been reading The Frugal Girl blog for about six months. Laura Vanderkam linked to it. She had linked to it previously, and I felt as if I lived in a different world. One commenter said a $8 haircut was a frugal fail. Others talked about all the elk, deer, and moose in their freezers. This time around, I've found more content relevant to me. I tried Misfit Market from this blog. It didn't work for us, but I was glad to try it. I got a good idea from the blog to juice lemons and limes as they're starting to go bad, and freeze the juice.

At first I thought I wasn't particularly frugal. I spent a lot of money on groceries for just the two of us. I also live in an expensive part of the country. 

But I do have some frugal things in my life. As I wrote before, I usually only buy clothes on sale. The link tells of an exception. My purchases this year have been on sale.

I like water crackers. The Carr's brand cost about $4 a box. I found that I like the ShopRite and Trader Joe's brands just as much. They are less than half of the cost of Carr's. We buy box wine. We really like Bota Box wine (most selections.) We get the equivalent of four bottles for $20. 

You have to start somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment