Monday, March 4, 2024

A Taxing Time

I was supposed to get all the tax paperwork together last week--a goal I made for myself. I don't do the taxes myself anymore (too many mistakes.) I just needed to make sure I had everything and got the papers organized. I had previously put papers received in the mail in a manilla folder and other items in an online folder. 

I remember specifically telling myself last Monday that I really didn't have to work on taxes that day. I don't remember specifics after that, but I managed to find excuses and reasons to procrastinate the rest of the week.

Today I finally sat down, printed up a few documents, but realized that one of my 1099s was missing. Unfortunately, this was not one I could easily print from a website. After logging in with a new password and codes and not finding anything, I called and discovered the 1099 had to be ordered. I'll be able to get it online in three to five days. 

If only I had done this last week, I could have the document by now.

Oh well. Lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment