Thursday, March 28, 2024

Rainy Day Blues

One of the first things I do in the morning is check the weather forecast on my phone. It's especially important on gloomy mornings like today. The forecast for today: rain likely to continue for several hours--a similar forecast to Saturday's even though Saturday's rain was more severe.

It feels as if it rains all the time. I keep thinking of that song, "Though April showers may come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May..." Then there's the Mad Magazine version of the second line, "they bring the plumbers for floods in May..." Hey, it's only March, and our ground is already saturated. Can we let things dry out? Today, Jace and I were able to  out for one long walk, one short walk, and two pee breaks. That was a great outcome based on the forecast.

Overall, a dull day. I did a short workout at the gym--no cardio. I canceled a lunch with my friend Elaine, because I just didn't feel that great. Truthfully, I probably would have gone if the weather were nice. The dreary rain was the tipping point. Instead, I spent the afternoon inside: did some light cleaning and paperwork with Jeff.  

Waiting for the sun. Waiting for the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment