Tuesday, April 30, 2024

I'm Back

I haven't posted in over a week--and my last post was a short one. Before that, it had been 10 days. One week I was feeling chilled and lethargic (but no fever.). Later it was just lethargic. For one week, I only left the apartment to walk Jace. I didn't drive anywhere. I can't explain it--I felt like a slug. 

I've still managed to take Jace to Cove Island Park a few times recently. As of Wednesday, Stamford requires a permit to park there, so Jace and I won't return until October. Yesterday was probably the best day of the year. Jeff, Jace, and I ate lunch at Overton's before we drove to Cove Island.

My brother Jim, Jeff, Jace, and I made a quick trip to the Jersey Shore last weekend. The main reason was to scatter my mother's ashes. My mother died in early 2019. She had wanted to be cremated and talked about having her ashes taken to Venice (where my sister's ashes are.) Well, we haven't made it to Venice and don't know if/when we will. So we decided to take her to Ocean City, New Jersey. She had always enjoyed going there; she and my stepfather spent their honeymoon there. It sure beats my closet where the ashes have been for the last five years. (I did save some of her and my stepfather's ashes in case one of us makes it to Venice.)

We also visited with some cousins. We stopped at our cousin Barbara's place in Ortley Beach for a few hours. We met another cousin Elena, her husband Tom, and their golden retriever Franklin in Ocean City. We later spent the night at their place in Sea Isle City. We haven't seen them since my mother's memorial service and had a great visit. 

I hope to do more visiting in the next several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment