Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Authors on Stage--including me!

Last November, I joined a memoir writing workshop at the New Canaan Library. The group actually began meeting in September, but two of us joined in November and two more in January. We met once a month and shared our stories.

Earlier this year, the Library Assistant Director and the Workshop Facilitator asked us about doing a reading as part of the Library's Authors on Stage series. They also arranged for a collection of our stories to be published.

Tonight we had our reading--we were the authors on stage. Afterward the last reading, I picked up my copy of our book and then bought six more. I'm not sure how I arrived at that number--originally I decided on three, Jeff got two and then he joked we needed presents and I picked up two more.

Here it is: Writing Your Life 2010 A Collection of Memories. It's front cover is a collage of images, including my wedding picture which I selected to illustrate one of my pieces, "The Limo from Hell." The back cover has a picture of the group as well as an official ISBN number.

It took a long time for me to call myself a writer; now I can say I've had a book published.

No comments:

Post a Comment