Thursday, June 3, 2010

Morning at the Dog Park

I'm usually more of an afternoon dog park person than a morning person. But the forecast for today was humid with afternoon showers. So I arrived with my beagle, Spike at Taylor Farm at 8 am. Now Taylor Farm is not technically a dog park with clearly designated dog areas--it's a park where dogs are allowed off leash. It's approximate 30 acres consist of two large fields with a wooded area between them.

Within a few minutes of our arrival, four human-dog tandems left. Spike and I were alone as we entered the woods. The air was cool and sweet with the scent of honeysuckle. Besides an occasional car and the distant drone of a lawnmower, all I heard was the sound of birds singing. Anxiety about the unchecked items on my to-do list and worry about the the BP Gulf disaster dissipated.

Spike and I did two loops around the park as the sun burned off the fog and the humidity rose. Then we headed home to get back to the business of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment