Monday, January 31, 2011

Dog Park Weekend


Our camera is broken so I couldn't take pictures of Spike at the dog park this weekend. This is a photo from a few years ago.

On Saturday, the temperature reached the balmy mid-thirties. With more snow and ice on the way, it was a good opportunity to take Spike to Taylor Farm where he could run off leash.

Previous visitors had created makeshift paths through the snow. Spike crossed the field and then suddenly took off down a path along the trees. I haven't seen him move so fast in a long time.

I tried to make a new path by walking in someone else's footprints and stomping down more snow. It didn't work very well--I got snow in my boots and then fell down. I was laughing so hard, I could barely get back up.

We had fun, so we returned on Sunday. It was a little colder with a biting wind. Spike didn't seem to mind as he ran across the field and up the hill into the woods.

Unfortunately, it will be our last visit for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment