Friday, January 7, 2011

Snowing and Cooking

It started to snow in Norwalk sometime between six and nine this morning and continued for most of the day. It's nothing like the December 26th blizzard, but we haven't gotten rid of all of that snow and have six more inches.

I went food shopping yesterday. Staying inside today gave me the urge to cook--maybe a butternut squash-carrot-apple soup and/or buffalo and black bean chili. Unfortunately I didn't get around to making either.

I did cook a good dinner: lamb leg shank with roasted garlic, roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted asparagus and red leaf lettuce salad. We don't have lamb often and this was the first time I cooked a leg shank. I found a simple recipe online and it was pretty good. For dessert, we ate Christmas candy.

I also want to make chicken parmesan in the next few days. I can finish the sauce I made last week. I also need avocado recipes. I bought 10 for $10 yesterday.

Too often cooking is a monotonous chore. I enjoy these bursts of wanting to cook favorite dishes and trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment