Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Snow and Recipes

In the past day, we've gotten another foot and a half of snow. In my last post, I wrote about getting into the cooking mood with the previous snowstorm. I made the lamb that I wrote about, and then over the next few days I made chili and chicken parmesan.

With the new snow, I was happy to stay in and make a butternut squash, carrot and pumpkin soup. I used a vegetable broth base, sauteed shallots and garlic and added red curry spice.

I also made two loaves of avocado bread after finding this recipe http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/avocado-quick-bread/Detail.aspx. I would never have come up with the idea of avocado bread. I glad someone did. It's delicious. I made a few adjustments: I didn't have allspice and orange zest, so I substituted pumpkin pie spice and a little tangerine rind respectively and skipped the raisins and pecans. This bread may become my new go-to recipe when I need to take something to a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment