Sunday, September 9, 2012

Streaks

In my last entry about the Mets, I focused on the bad season. I didn't realize at the time that the Mets were in the third game of a four game winning streak. After all, I had expected them to beat the Rockies and instead they were swept.

After the four game winning streak, the Mets lost the finale to the Phillies, but then swept the Marlins. Heading into the series with the Cardinals, Mets broadcaster Gary Cohen mentioned that the Mets record was very close to that of the Cardinals at this time last year. The Cardinals overcame great odds to win the World Series. I don't really believe that the Mets will pull off that kind of miracle, but as I like to remind myself--the Mets are still in it--they have not been mathematically eliminated. Then the Mets dropped two out of three games.

This weekend, the Mets headed to Atlanta where they were swept. It looked good for a while today...but then the Braves prevailed...again.

Do the Mets have another streak in them? I hope so--we're 10 games below .500.



No comments:

Post a Comment