Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baseball Blues: 2012 Mets Misery

How hopeful I was; how naive I was. I knew it was a long shot, but I believed.

I guess that is the center of belief; it doesn't matter if it is a long shot.

For three months, I was happy and optimistic. The Mets played above their capabilities; remember all those two-out hits? 

That seems so long ago, a different world full of hope.

Of course I remembered the Mets' collapses of 2007 and 2008. I didn't realize until I saw a graphic last week that the Mets have fallen apart in the second half of the season each year from 2009.

There were problem losses before the All-Star break, but I hoped they were glitches. For the most part, the Mets fell apart after the break. Now they are 10 games below .500 (I think their worst record was 12 below) and 18 games behind the MLB leading Washington Nationals.

Now I hope for a winning record.

No comments:

Post a Comment