Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quiet Weekend

We've had three days of wind, rain and snow, Wednesday through Friday. Luckily Jeff and I didn't have to travel much after it started snowing. Eventually, we got about seven to eight inches.

But the last two days have been beautiful. I found myself singing yesterday on my morning walk with Spike. It was nice to go out and not have to wear gloves or even button my coat.

Didn't feel well yesterday so things were quiet. I did try my hand at sweet potato soup. I used three sweet potatoes, three apples and the last of the carrots. I made a pizza with a crust made from a naan brand (Stone-something.) It was good except for my sauce--too much tomato paste. I'll do better next time.

Today I made banana bread and scrambled eggs with onion, green pepper and monterey jack cheese for brunch. For dinner, we had sweet potato soup, duck breast with berry sauce, broccoli, romaine salad and crescent rolls.

I have the next two days off--time for some housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment