Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Hour

Last night I met my friend Elaine for a drink. We were originally planning to go out for lunch, but I had a new tutoring student home from boarding school and Elaine had open houses so we couldn't make it for lunch.
 
I can't remember the last time I went out for happy hour--it was probably when I worked a "9 to 5" corporate job (quotes because most jobs are now 8 to 5, at least.) Elaine and I had fun; it was a good chance to get together, talk and catch-up.

I haven't gone out much lately. It's not just the cold winter--I think Jeff and I are happy keeping to ourselves (and Spike.) But spring is coming--warm weather and longer days will help to make us more outgoing.

That's what I want. I want to be more involved with the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment