Monday, June 23, 2014

Norwalk New Developments

In the past four days, I've attended three public meetings related to future projects in Norwalk.

The first involves work on an intersection on Route 1. This is a definite go and focused on traffic and pedestrian safety. I already try to avoid that area by taking back roads when appropriate, and it won't start for some time.

The second meeting involves a driving range on a public golf course. I got involved with this almost a year ago. Originally, there were competing plans: one was to place the driving range on woodlands. I was glad when that site was rejected. But the ongoing process has been very frustrating. The people overseeing the golf course don't want to listen to anyone else.

Tonight I went to a meeting about a proposed new mall. Most people I've talked to are against this project. I was too. I feel much better after hearing the company's presentation. The company is actively seeking public participation, which is a big plus.

I've been saying for a long time that I want to get more involved in the community. But damn, it can be tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment