Friday, June 20, 2014

Spring Images



It was a long winter, and I was happy to spot daffodils in mid April. 




But two days later...





Here are some early May lilacs on our property.



More May flowers.





Here are some buttercups from Taylor Farm dog park.
I remember we would hold one under a friend's chin.
If you saw yellow, it meant you liked butter.


Early season honeysuckles--a harbinger of the summer to come



I loved this stick at dog park; it looks like a snake or sea serpent in a sea of grass.





While walking  with Jeff, Spike and Jake in Ridgefield, I saw this.
I remember this song from grade school:
White coral bells
Upon a slender stalk
Lilies of the valley
Down my garden walk
Oh, don’t you wish
That you could
hear them ring.
That will happen only
when the fairies sing.
I remember a few of the lyrics differently.
 I thought the lilies deck my garden walk; down is better.
The other difference: in my song the angels sing not the fairies.



This is a fast food place on Route 7 in Wilton. When we first went there, it was called  Dexter's. It's had a few other names since then, and is now the Dog Daze Café. During my docent training, I learned that this was the farm stand painted by Alexander Rummler in a mural now in City Hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment