Thursday, January 15, 2015

Things are Looking Up

It's been almost two weeks since my last post; it feels more like two months of headaches and heartaches.

We took Spike to the vet's for a follow up visit on the 3rd, and he was doing well. The next few days, he was up and down, very down by Thursday. He needed another aspiration of his pericardial sac. I was thrown by Spike's swift decline from Saturday to Thursday. I sat in the vet's waiting room and couldn't stop crying. I was scared that it could be time to put Spike to sleep.

But Spike got better--day by day. Now, a week later, he's back to his old self: alert, playful and hungry. I know he'll never be cured, but as long as he's happy and living his normal life--we're happy. He just gave me a big smile.

I'm also optimistic that my mother will be released soon from the health care center. She had minor surgery to ease the pain of her broken vertebra yesterday. I know she'll be happy to get back to her apartment and back to her own normal life.

Sometimes normal is the ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment