Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

I have to be honest--I'm more into Valentine's Day because it marks the end of our alcohol fast (if that is a correct term) rather than a day of hearts and flowers and love. Jeff and I have planned a dinner with filet mignon, lobster tail, twice backed potato, mixed greens salad, sparkling wine, red wine and chocolate cupcakes with fresh blackberries for dessert.

It's not that I have anything against hearts and flowers and love, but I hate the commercialization of the holiday. Even the flower ads last week warned about the price spikes for roses this week. I also hate that Valentine's Day expectations often make single persons feel like failures.

I do like picking out cards and gifts for Jeff and enjoying good food and drink. That makes a happy holiday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment