Saturday, September 17, 2016

28

Jeff and I have been married 28 years today.

Our day started out slowly--we relaxed over coffee and tea. Then we took Lola to Rowayton dog park. It's a small park, just an open field, but it's fenced in. We wanted to give Lola a chance to be off leash and see how she responded. We actually went twice, before and after lunch at Sedona Tap House. At the park Lola mostly kept close to us, but  seemed to enjoy being off leash. She came to us when we called, which was awesome. I also got to see the last of the WPA murals Packet Day at the Five Mile River by George Avison at the Rowayton Library.

Jeff and I started out in Sono for dinner. I had read that Washington Prime is famous for its Moscow Mules. We had to try them--delicious, but not as spectacular as I had hoped. (Over hyped, I guess.) We checked out several Sono restaurant menus, but Jeff said I should select the place, and none of the menus inspired me. I could have found something to eat at all of the places, but wanted to have several items to choose from.

I ended up feeling a bit stressed and picky--not how I should feel on a happy occasion. We left Sono and headed for Basso Cafe. We hadn't been there in years. It was a bit noisy, but the food was good. Jeff ordered the stuffed pork chop; I had lamb two ways (rack of lamb and leg of lamb.) Dessert was the highlight. We shared a chocolate lava cake and a sampling of  gelato and sorbets. The sampling was a choice of four served in mini vanilla cones. The ginger and almond gelatos were awesome--worth going back for.

Now we're back home with our Lola--vegging out, watching the Mets. It's been a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment