Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Back to the Gym

I returned to the gym after a week-and-a-half. It would have been easy to blow it off today--I didn't manage to get there until after 10. It helped that I dressed in my gym clothes first thing.

I had a decent workout: back, biceps, abs and 30 minutes on the cross-trainer. Often the first return visit after a break is a tough one, so I was  relatively pleased.

In my off-gym time the past week-and-a-half, I wasn't completely sedentary. That helped. I went on three hikes, (Lake Mohegan and two at Cranbury Park) a long walk (the Wilton branch of the Norwalk River Valley Trail) and two home exercise sessions. Plus a few shorter walks with Lola.

My plan is to hit the gym four times this week and take many long walks with Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment